Wednesday, October 9, 2013

"Spitpaint" & Studies

"EXTERMINATOR"
 


"BEAUTIFUL GRIM"


These images were done for the "Spitpaint" Facebook group I recently joined. These are my first 2 entries. Everyday we can choose from a variety of themes and then we have only 30 mins to visualize it in own way. No photo references, no planning or prepping of any kind. Just straight from the mind's visual library. A fun and challenging concept/practice. Looking forward to doing more.


RECENT STUDIES




Figure Painting


Mechanical

The idea behind the mechanical studies is simply to analyze and copy mechanical structures. It's one of my weaker areas so I've been doing more of these lately. I'd actually like to try a different approach to how I've done this image; something more basic and analytical. This one is a bit too polished I think.